DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Crews responded to a house fire in Dayton where a home appears to have been involved in an explosion of some kind.
The blast happened in the 800 block of Conners Street around 9:25 pm.
Records also indicate that this is the same address where two teens were shot and killed in a detached garage at the end of August. Although it is unconfirmed that these two incidents are related, fire officials tell us an arson investigation is underway.
A 911 caller told dispatchers that he heard the explosion as he was parking his car, and saw a car drive off away from the house immediately after.
Dayton District Fire Chief Wiley tells us at the scene that upon their arrival, crews found the home fully engulfed in flames.
The left wall and part of the front wall of the home were completely blown out.
Because of the structural damage, firefighters have not been able to enter the house, but no one is believed to be inside.
The home’s gas supply had been shut off since September.
Officials could not immediately say what caused the fire, but did say that explosives could be involved.
The home is considered a total loss.
- How you can register for the next vaccination clinic in Montgomery County
- US traffic deaths spike even as pandemic cuts miles traveled
- Smash-and-grab robber targets TikTok’s Fleetwood Mac skateboarder guy
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm