DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Sinclair College hosted an all-day symposium Thursday to discuss a “holistic approach to serving those who are incarcerated.”
Sinclair partnered with the Ohio Department of Youth Services and the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction for the symposium.
The events covered topics on mentorship, the importance of incarcerated parents maintaining positive contact with their children, addressing comprehensive needs of returning and restored citizens, trauma-informed approaches, and technological advances in working with those that are incarcerated.
- ‘I just saw a UFO’: Browns QB Baker Mayfield says he had a strange encounter
- Ramp from I-70E to I-75N to close for 2 months for safety repairs
- LOOK: Police ask for help identifying tool theft suspect
- Limited number of fans to be allowed at men’s, women’s Big Ten basketball tournaments
- US jobless claims tick up to 745,000 as layoffs remain high