DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Sinclair Board of Trustees approved the college’s 2021 fiscal budget, which does not include any furloughs or layoffs at this time.
The college’s budget currently includes a $7 million in cost reductions, achieved by not filling open positions that were planned prior to the pandemic. The highlights of its budget are:
- Approximately 20 full-time faculty and staff taking retirement incentive and approximately 50 full-time positions being held temporarily open
- Ending fiscal year 2020 with higher enrollment that previous year. Summer enrollment is on positive trajectory.
- The college has ample reserves and a designated rainy day fund to use as a bridge during economic downturns so that measured and carefully considered actions can be implemented
- The college has no debt or deferred maintenance
- Sinclair has the highest financial rating possible for any college or university in the State of Ohio