SHELBY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – Public Health – Sidney-Shelby County Health Department is recommending face masks while indoors and near others, for all people 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status.
The health department said everyone who is eligible to be vaccinated should do so as soon as possible,. You can find the vaccination location nearest to you by visiting gettheshot.coronavirus.ohio.gov.
Recommendations for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals include:
- All those who are medically able to do so, should wear a face mask, regardless of vaccination status, in public indoor settings when you are near others
- The use of face masks is recommended for all teachers, staff, students and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Everyone with a known contact to someone with confirmed COVID-19 disease should get tested three-five days following exposure
- Isolate if you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the prior 10 days or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- For those unvaccinated, quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a total of 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period) with a positive COVID-19 case for 14 days
- For vaccinated individuals, quarantine for 14 days if you are experiencing symptoms
The department said health care facilities, businesses and other organizations may require masks to ensure the safety of their employees and customers based on their individual circumstances.