SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Sidney man was arraigned Friday after allegedly attempting to lure a 13-year-old Florida girl to live with him in Sidney, according to Sidney Police.
Sidney Police executed a search warrant at the home of Steve W. Knoop, 52, in the 700 block of East Ave. in Sidney on Wednesday. The search warrant and investigation revealed that Knoop allegedly had communication with the girl through texting from Aug. 2019 through Sept. 2019. Police say Knoop engaged in a pattern of “grooming communication,” sent nude photos to the girl, and discussed the girl moving to Sidney to live with him.
Some of the messages were discovered by the girl’s parents, who alerted Internet Crimes Against Children, according to Sidney Police.
Knoop was arrested and charged with one count of disseminating material harmful to a juvenile, a fifth-degree felony, as well as one count of drug abuse, a first-degree misdemeanor. Recovered at Knoop’s home as a result of the search warrant were computers, smart phone devices, and marijuana.
His bond was set at $100,000 and he is due back in court on December 27.
- Montgomery County dispatch center undergoes renovation
- California woman accused of questioning man’s immigration status, then attacking him with laptop
- Premier Health now using one emergency physician provider for all locations
- Coronavirus in Ohio Tuesday update: DeWine briefing scheduled for 2pm
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter