SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – A woman who was struck by a vehicle while riding her bicycle in Sidney earlier this week has died.
Police officers obtained video footage from an area business that showed a Freightliner Cascadia model semi truck striking the bicyclist in the 2000 block of Michigan Street on July 28 and driving away from the scene.
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office later confirmed that Jacqulynn North, 20, died at Miami Valley Hospital.
Sidney Police tell 2 NEWS that they have identified a truck and a driver in connection with the incident. An investigation remains ongoing.
- With no action by Washington, states race to offer virus aid
- New City Church to host tree lighting in Northridge on Dec. 5
- Santa, Mrs. Claus to visit Middletown neighborhoods on weekends starting Saturday
- One person killed, another wounded in California Black Friday mall shooting
- Food pantries, organizations try to keep up with increasing need around holidays