HUBER HEIGHTS, Ohio (WDTN) – Shots fired into a car on I-70 caused the car to crash into the median, briefly shutting down I-70 early Thursday morning.
The crash happened at around 6:30 am on I-70 near State Route 235 in Huber Heights, according to Huber Heights Police.
Authorities say that a man in a black SUV followed a car onto I-70 westbound in Fairborn at around 6:30 am. The man in the SUV fired shots into the car, grazing the driver and causing the car to crash into the median.
The SUV sped off in what police are calling a “road rage incident.”
Detectives identified a person of interest in the shooting Thursday afternoon. The suspect is currently in custody at the Fairborn Police Department stemming from an incident that occurred in their city, and has not yet been officially charged with the crime in Huber Heights.
The driver of the car was taken to the hospital due to the grazing by the bullet. There is no information on their condition.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Huber Heights Police Department at 937-233-2080.
- Dayton Police ask for help locating missing 12-year-old boy
- What did you listen to most this year? Spotify and Apple Music providing personalized 2020 review
- ‘Christmas Star’ to light up December sky for first time in 800 years
- Christmas trees selling fast in Clayton
- Cyberattacks surging as COVID-19 pandemic continues