DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — A Dayton woman is dead and three others are injured after a drive-by shooting in Dayton Wednesday night.
The Montgomery County Coroner identifies the woman as 29-year-old Terri Taylor.
It happened shortly before 10 p.m. Wednesday in the 2000 block of Catalpa Drive, near West Norman Avenue. When officers arrived, they found two victims. Taylor died at the scene, while the other victim was taken to the hospital.
Two other victims showed up at a nearby hospital suffering from gunshot wounds. They, along with the victim found at the scene of the shooting, are listed as stable at local hospitals.
Lt. Steven Bauer with Dayton Police tells 2 NEWS bullets also struck a neighboring house and two vehicles in the area.
“It could have been a much more tragic situation. There’s a lot of children who live in this neighborhood. The bullets struck a neighboring house, two vehicles, and four people. This could have been a much more tragic situation than it already is, unfortunately,” he said.
Homicide and ATF detectives are investigating the incident. They could not immediately release any information about a potential suspect or suspects.
- Steak Tacos & Dunkel Beer
- HBO is reportedly developing a ‘Harry Potter’ TV series
- US virus numbers drop, but race against new strains heats up
- 17-year-old arrested in Indianapolis killing of 6 people, including unborn child
- Inspector general probes if Justice Department officials tried to overturn election results