DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — Police are investigating after someone fired several shots into a house in Dayton early Friday morning.
Someone called 911 just before 6:30 a.m. Friday saying they heard as many as 15 shots fired at a house on Crest Drive, near Merryfield Avenue. The caller also reported hearing a vehicle speeding away from the area.
Another 911 caller reported hearing as many as 30 shots fired.
The homeowner says they don’t know who fired the shots. Police are checking with neighbors for information. Police are hoping home surveillance cameras in the area may have caught suspect vehicle.
According to Dayton Police, 45 shell casings were recovered at the scene, which was cleared by 9:20 am. Police are asking for the public’s help to find the suspects.
Authorities say no one was injured.
2 NEWS is working to learn more information and will provide updates as the story develops.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Snow will make a messy commute Monday
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- Three men found dead in Youngstown home
- Holiday heroes in Harrison Township helping tornado victims at annual tree lighting
- Coalition of Ohio motorcycle clubs donates thousands of dollars of toys to foster children in the Miami Valley