DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Dayton Fire Department said that two houses were total losses and a third suffered damage after a fire Saturday afternoon.
According to crews on the scene, the fire started at a house on Burkhardt Avenue near South Hedges Street before spreading to two neighboring houses.
Crews said the home where the fire started and a vacant house next door are both total losses. A second neighboring home also had minor damage to the siding.
Six people and their pets inside the home were able to make it out without any injuries.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital with heat-related injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Southwest scaling back on cleanings after flights
- Ohio jobless claims fall again as federal checks end
- In scathing obit, Texas woman blames Trump, ‘selfish’ people for husband’s COVID-19 death
- Live streamed video shows priest in Beirut run for cover after explosions
- 1.2 million seek jobless aid after $600 federal check ends