DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Dayton Fire Department said that two houses were total losses and a third suffered damage after a fire Saturday afternoon.
According to crews on the scene, the fire started at a house on Burkhardt Avenue near South Hedges Street before spreading to two neighboring houses.
Crews said the home where the fire started and a vacant house next door are both total losses. A second neighboring home also had minor damage to the siding.
Six people and their pets inside the home were able to make it out without any injuries.
One firefighter was taken to the hospital with heat-related injuries. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- US now says no evidence of ‘kill capture teams’ at Capitol
- ‘We want to sound the alarm:’ CDC warns more infectious COVID strain may become dominant in US
- Dramatic images show bus hanging off New York City overpass; driver refuses drug test
- Dayton Police Department shares 2020 crime data