FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) – Wickshire Fairborn is working to bring joy to residents with their “Sing Us a Song – Songs for Seniors” initiative. The senior living community is asking children across the country to videotape themselves singing their favorite songs and submit it to their website.
The videos will then be shared with residents at the facility.
“Our residents are missing their children, their grandchildren. Yes, we have some that are doing FaceTime and talking on the phone but it’s just not the same as getting that human touch of a hug,” says Executive Director John Hamilton. “We’re trying to just bring a bright spot to our residents’ days.”
Any child may submit a video regardless of whether they know a resident at the facility.
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- ‘The Hub’ innovation center in Dayton Arcade celebrates grand opening
- Health leaders, businesses believe the community will decide health priorities
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Illinois family grieving loss attributed to ‘COVID psychosis’