FAIRBORN, Ohio (WDTN) – Wickshire Fairborn is working to bring joy to residents with their “Sing Us a Song – Songs for Seniors” initiative. The senior living community is asking children across the country to videotape themselves singing their favorite songs and submit it to their website.
The videos will then be shared with residents at the facility.
“Our residents are missing their children, their grandchildren. Yes, we have some that are doing FaceTime and talking on the phone but it’s just not the same as getting that human touch of a hug,” says Executive Director John Hamilton. “We’re trying to just bring a bright spot to our residents’ days.”
Any child may submit a video regardless of whether they know a resident at the facility.
- Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office investigating aggravated robbery at Harrison Township gas station
- Miami Valley vaccine clinics administering Pfizer booster doses on Monday. Here’s how to get one:
- Quitting smoking leads to people eating more junk food, Study Finds
- Fall means more deer on the road: 4 ways time of day, month and year raise your risk of crashes
- August’s slowest-selling car in Ohio and each state