CLARK COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A body was pulled from the water at Buck Creek State Park Tuesday evening as crews searched for a missing swimmer.
The Clark County Sheriff’s Office said Tuesday afternoon an 18-year-old swimmer went under the water and did not resurface. As a result, the beach was shut down while the Ohio Department of Natural Resources led the search effort.
Wednesday afternoon, the Clark County Coroner identified the victim as 18-year-old Nathaniel Cain, of Springfield.
Mad River Township and Moorefield Township first responders assisted at the scene, along with the Clark County Sheriff’s Office. Crews could be seen using boats, divers, and drones during the search.
- Coronavirus in Ohio Sunday update: 57,151 cases, 2,911 deaths
- $20 million funding opportunity to strengthen America’s water infrastructure
- Kanye West announces plans to run for president in 2020
- Second stimulus check: Where we stand as July begins
- Payne Recreation Center to open gym, will resume aerobics classes