KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) — It’s back to school shopping season, and Ohio’s tax free weekend is making this time of year easier on parents and teachers.
F&S School and Office Supply in Kettering is already bustling with shoppers.
“Some of the customers are getting ahead of the game,” says owner Perry Hensley. “Some of them say ‘well, we’ll wait for the tax free weekend.’ I’m getting a lot of that too.”
School supplies less than $20, as well as clothing under $75, will be tax free this weekend.
“Tax free weekend is just one other way I feel like teachers are supported,” says Dayton Public Schools math teacher Tegan Reschke, who’s in her second year as an educator.
F&S usually sees more than 100 customers a day. Over the tax free weekend, the store expects that number to quadruple.
“Friday, Saturday, Sunday — We’ll be busy. But everybody that comes in says it’s worth it for the savings,” says Hensley.
Ohio’s tax free weekend is the first weekend in August every year.Grab the FREE WDTN News App for iPhone or Android. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Former Dayton priest indicted on 9 counts of rape in Hamilton County
- Medal of Honor sought for medic who saved hundreds of lives on D-Day
- OSU Ryan Day announces Buckeyes new starting QB
- Controversial abortion bill may soon get redo in Congress
- Early Epstein accuser: Police could have stopped him in 1997