MIAMISBURG, Ohio (WDTN) – The man killed after a crash in Miamisburg Friday afternoon has been identified.
The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office identifies him as Konrad Wilcox, 33, of Dayton.
Miamisburg Police say Wilcox may have suffered a medical emergency before crossing into a wrong lane of traffic and causing a multi-vehicle crash.
That driver has since died, the Coroner’s Office confirms.
The accident happened around 2:20 pm in the area of SR-725 and Alexandersville Road. The eastbound lanes of SR-725 were shut down in the area until crews could clear the scene.
While it was initially reported that a school bus was involved in the crash, Sgt. Jon Thompson told 2 NEWS that a school bus was nearby but not actually part of the accident.
Sgt. Thompson went on to say that the driver was traveling westbound and when they approached the intersection, they crossed into the eastbound lane of traffic and struck two cars.
One of those cars was pushed into a fourth vehicle.
A witness who saw the crash pulled the driver out of the car and was performing CPR when medics arrived.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Coronavirus in Ohio update: 1,855 new cases, 31 hospitalizations
- Louisiana woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor