MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – One the biggest preparations ahead of the annual Montgomery County Fair takes place on Wednesday.
Montgomery County Auditor Karl Keith, with his weights and measures inspectors, will be at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds Wednesday to certify the scales used in the livestock competition.
Keith certifies the scales to make sure they are being used in an impartial and accurate way.
“They’ve put a lot of themselves into these animals. It’s important to them, so we want to make sure that if they’re eligible, that they meet the requirements and are able to compete,” he said.
The Montgomery County Fair takes place July 8 to July 14 at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds.
The 2019 fair will be the second at the new fairgrounds on Infirmary Road in Dayton.
- Premier Health to offer antibody therapy to some COVID-19 patients
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- Salvation Army’s Red Kettle goes virtual
- DISH Network ends contract with Nexstar Wednesday evening
- Cute puppy pics used to bait victims as online scams spike amid pandemic, BBB warns