DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Kroc Park was dedicated Sunday as part of a nearly $7 million expansion of the main Kroc Center campus.
The park features a new soccer field, stadium seating, a running track, and auxiliary field.
Organizers hope the new additions will help them to continue their work in the area.
“When I think of the Salvation Army, and not only the Kroc Center across the street but also this field, I think this is a very practical way we can embody the mission statement of the Salvation Army and who God has called us to be,” said Gayle Senak with the Salvation Army.
The park, located on Webster Street across from the main Kroc Center campus, is expected to officially open in late October.
- Las Vegas family awarded $29.5M after woman suffers brain damage following allergic reaction
- Coronavirus in Ohio update: 1,855 new cases, 31 hospitalizations
- Louisiana woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Official: Chinese vaccines’ effectiveness low
- Chloé Zhao becomes 1st woman of color to win top DGA honor