DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Greater Dayton RTA is offering free rides on their entire system July 13 in order to make sure all residents have a way to attend the Dayton Strong Benefit Concert for The Greater Dayton Disaster Relief Fund.
The concert will be held at RiverScape MetroPark from 1 pm until 6 pm.
“RTA is supporting a variety of efforts to assist our community as it rebounds from this terrible disaster and we hope to help drive a great turnout that day,” said RTA CEO Mark Donaghy.
All fixed-route and paratransit services will be offered free of charges. Eligible customers who would like to book a trip to the concert using RTA Connect should call the RTA Call Center in advance at 937-425-8300.
The concert was put together through a community partnership between Five Rivers MetroParks, Southwestern Ohio Council for Higher Education, The Dayton Foundation, and several other community partners.
The event is free, but donations of any amount are welcome.
For more information about the concert, click here.
- Ohio CARES Act funding to help local businesses
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- Arenas, stadiums find new life as safer options for voting
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- U.S. Naval Air Forces say aircrew did not survive plane crash in Magnolia Springs