RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) – The Riverside Police Department is asking for help finding a person of interest in a case relating to theft from an elderly person.
Gary Vanhoose met with the victim June 8 and said he would pay off her house and do other home improvement projects if she supplied him her debit card.
The elderly victim later learned withdrawals had been made on the card but no home improvements were made and Vanhoose has not returned.
Dayton Police also filed a similar theft report June 16, according to Riverside Police. Vanhoose has a warrant from 2019 involving theft as well.
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia
- Coronavirus in Ohio: 951 new cases, four new deaths reported Saturday
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- 16 shot, 2 fatally, at party in Rochester, police say