VANDALIA, Ohio (WDTN) – Some Vandalia residents were asked to evacuate their homes due to a gas leak Thursday evening.
Vandalia Police dispatch tells 2 NEWS the leak was reported in the 800 block of Hunters Chase Drive just before 7 p.m.
According to Vandalia Fire, contractors in the area were putting in a fiber-optic line and hit a gas line as they were drilling. Crews with Vectren have been called to make necessary repairs.
There are no reports of injuries and residents have since been told they may return to their homes.
- Biden plans to boost US manufacturers; govt to buy more American goods
- California stay-at-home orders lifted, state confirms
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- Ohio lawmakers comment on Sen. Portman’s decision to not run for reelection
- Biden reversing Trump ban on transgender people in military