DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — One person was taken to an area hospital after reportedly being exposed to a chemical.

According to Miami County Dispatch, authorities were called to the 4200 block of South County Road 25A in Tipp City to the Meijer Distribution Center Sunday around 6:20 a.m. Crews were initially dispatched for a report that someone was “splashed with chlorine”, according to dispatch.

A release says when Tipp City Fire & EMS arrived, they found an employee in the creamery building with inhalation injuries from a chemical reaction. The one person was taken from the scene to a local hospital with unknown injuries, but has since been treated and released.

First responders on scene had Miami County Hazardous Material Team Chief contacted to respond for assistance.

“Tipp City on scene personnel were able to confirm that an acid solution and a caustic solution used as cleaners were introduced into the same line without rinsing the lines,” the release states. “The mixture of the two gases created an unspecified toxic gas. Operations at the facility were stopped.”

Miami County Haz-Mat also responded to contain the scene, which was completed Sunday around 10:45 a.m. Employees have since been able to go back into the building.

Officials have determined the cause to be unintentional. The release says the chemicals were mixed due to “an error in normal process.”

Emergency responders did not experience any injuries or illness during their time at Meijer.