WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio (WDTN) – Congressman Mike Turner visited Wright-Patterson Air Force Base with Colorado Congressman Doug Lamborn.
We asked Turner about his take on the national push to reform law enforcement.
“I think the President’s steps that he’s taken are incredibly important. The banning of the chokehold is incredibly in line with what America’s shock and sadness has been. I think there’s a number of proposals that are very good that we need to review as we go back to Congress next week. But I think the President, by taking this initial step, certainly made a very strong statement that reform is going to happen,” Turner said.
The congressman also discussed national security and the needs of military bases like Wright-Patt.
- Thyroid medications recalled across US, at least 4 people reported problems
- Horse sinking in mud rescued at Colorado park
- TRACKING THE TROPICS: Beta crawling toward Texas, Louisiana coast
- CDC updates website, says ‘growing evidence’ coronavirus spreads through the air
- Woman accused of sending ricin letter to White House arrested at New York-Canada border