DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Congressman Mike Turner announced new legislation Friday that aims to keep foster kids off the streets.
The new program, which will be run by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will provide housing vouchers to teens aging out of the foster care system.
“Foster care youth need to be provided assistance and their care is critical,” said Rep. Turner. “We’re very excited about this response from HUD because it also represents the administration will be having support for this bill as it goes forward, and will have an opportunity on a demonstration project to see real results of what can happen when we ensure the safety of foster youth.”
He went on to say he believes the bill will have bipartisan support.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Ohio GOP fined $100K for improperly funding voter database
- US to send troops to Saudi Arabia, hold off on striking Iran
- Operation Football Tailgate of the Week: Troy at Tippecanoe
- Reps back plan to stop abuse of the waiver system for refineries
- Police: Victim taken to hospital after shooting in Riverside