The Red Cross encourages everyone to help out and support people were impacted by disasters on Wednesday for Giving Day.
Donations to the organization will help out families who need it most and it will support people across the country. They are using the hashtag, #Help1family
Here’s how you can donate:
- You can text REDCROSS to 90999 to give $10
- Visit the Red Cross Website here to donate money.
Red Cross will host the 24-hour fundraising campaign on Wednesday, March 28.
On average, each year the Red Cross:
• Responds to nearly 64,000 disasters across the country providing hope and comfort to people in need.
• Trains and provides information to nearly 5.9 million people in first aid, water safety and other skills that help save lives.
• Collects nearly 4.9 million units of blood from more than 2.8 million volunteer donors to meet the needs of patients at hospitals and transfusion centers across the country.
• Provides nearly 391,000 support services to military members, veterans and their families.
• Helps more than 181 million people outside the U.S. through disaster management and disease prevention efforts.