The American Red Cross plans to honor volunteers who take their time out of their day to help people in need.
National Volunteer Week is April 15 to 22.
The Red Cross says the volunteers contribute to 90 percent of the humanitarian work.
The American Red Cross Greater Cincinnati-Dayton Region provides critical aid every day including:
- responding to disasters
- teaching first aid and CPR
- collecting vital blood and blood products; installing
- smoke alarms
- teaching children home fire safety
- helping military members and veterans and their families
- providing international humanitarian assistance
There are more than 300,000 Red Cross volunteers nationwide.
If you would like to be a Red Cross volunteer, you can click here to find the application.