DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Reconstruction continues at Wegerzyn Garden Metroparks after tornadoes tracked right through the center of the park.
The community garden area sustained a lot of damage, and a dozen large evergreens and ornamental trees were destroyed.
“We spent about three days cleaning up a lot of chunks of trees and various debris that blew in, it was kind of an agency-wide effort,” said Ron Bicknell of Five Rivers MetroParks.
Officials say it’s going to take years before the park is back to its original state.
- Rescheduled 5K race held to raise money for families this winter
- Soon-to-open Gem City Market hosts community cleanup event in Dayton
- Kroc Center vaccine clinic targets Hispanic community in effort to increase vaccinations
- One person taken to hospital after car flips on its top in Dayton
- Lawsuit: Virginia police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop