DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Raymond Walters’s court trial has been delayed until March 21, 2022.
34-year-old Raymond Walters was scheduled to appear in court on Monday, September 20, but the trial was postponed at the request of the defense attorney.
The Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office said the defense attorney asked to be removed from the case, delaying the trial a second time. The first delay was due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Walters is facing over 20 charges, including murder, after stabbing his father and crashing a stolen police cruiser in downtown Dayton on August 26, 2019 The crash killed two 6-year-old girls.
- Two counts of murder
- Two counts of involuntary manslaughter
- Two counts of aggravated vehicular homicide
- Two counts of felonious assault
- One count of robbery
- Three counts of aggravated vehicular assault
- Three counts of failure to comply with the order/signal of a police officer
- Three counts of vehicular assault
- Three counts of grand theft motor vehicle
- One count of vandalism