TURTLECREEK TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – The Middletown police officer who was shot in Turtlecreek Township Monday afternoon has been released from Atrium Medical Center.
Authorities say the incident began around 5 p.m. with a pursuit involving a possible homicide suspect.
The chase ended when the car pulled into the yard of a home on Mason Montgomery Road. When the officer tried to approach the suspect’s car, police say the suspect started shooting and officers returned fire. Both the suspect and the officer were hit.
The Middletown Division of Police identified the injured officer as Ofc. Denny Jordan, a 21 year MPD veteran. He was shot in the tricep, hand, and leg and was transported to Atrium Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries. Officer Jordan’s K-9 partner, Koda, was not injured.
The suspect was transported to West Chester Hospital.
- Florida parents sue over mask mandate for students
- Citywide curfew set in Philadelphia after protests over police killing
- Zeta: Storm surge and flooding in Gulf Shores
- Three protesters stabbed during Fresno protest, demonstrators bringing awareness between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- Khloe Kardashian tested positive for coronavirus