DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Prosecutor’s Office announced the Grand Jury’s indictment against the man who was shot at least three times by police last Thursday.
Shawn Keirns, 49, was ordered several times by police to drop his weapon before shots were fired. Keirns had stolen the gun from a man driving by, stopping when the suspect flagged him down.
Video shows the suspect pointing the gun at officers as they told him to drop the weapon.
The Grand Jury indicted Keirns for:
- Felonious assault with a deadly weapon on a police officer
- Felonious assault
- Grand theft of a firearm
- Discharge of a firearm at or near a prohibited premises
- Having weapons under disability — prior offense of violence
- Having weapons under disability — prior drug conviction.
Keirns is scheduled for arraignment Thursday, Oct. 15, at 8:30 a.m.
- Public Health discusses what Level 4 guidelines could look like
- Texas woman asked to take down ‘inappropriate’ skeleton display in front yard
- Oklahoma twins’ TikTok election video gets millions of views
- Less than a week: Key dates as we approach Election Day
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system