PREBLE COUNTY, Ohio (WDTN) – A Preble County man faces several charges after deputies say he kidnapped and sexually assaulted a woman.
On February 3, 2020, deputies responded to a residence on Jacksonburg Road in Gratis Township on a domestic violence call. Upon their arrival, law enforcement found that the female victim had fled from the home in order to get away from 26-year-old Sean Z. Barnett.
Deputies discovered that the victim had been held against her will at Barnett’s house since January 23. She had been sexually assaulted multiple times by him during this time.
Officials say the two were acquaintances.
Barnett fled the residence before deputies arrived, but he was later found in Shelby County and taken into custody.
He has been formally charged in Eaton Municipal Court on the following charges:
- Two counts of rape
- One count of kidnapping
- Two counts of abduction
- One count of gross sexual imposition
- One count of assault
Barnett remains in the Preble County Jail. His bond is set at $100,000 cash.
- Dayton Police: 15 arrested after protests
- Mayor Whaley announces curfew for downtown
- Ohio order signed to reopen daycare centers; officially reopen Sunday
- National Guard activated, moving into Columbus; curfew announced
- Rep. Joyce Beatty, Columbus City Council President Hardin pepper-sprayed during protest