HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is in critical condition after being hit by a car in Harrison Township Friday night.
According to a release from the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, it happened in the 2200 block of Esmeralda Avenue.
An investigation revealed indicates 20 to 30 people were gathered at a home on Esmeralda Avenue attending a wake. Around 10 pm, the victim, Clifford Wilson, 43, was assaulted by several subjects.
Prior to the assault, he was placed in the street. Several minutes later he was hit by a car which exited the driveway.
The car fled the scene.
Wilson was taken to a local hospital by medics from the Harrison Township Fire Department in critical condition.
The incident remains under investigation.
- Dozens of virus cases reported at Darke County intermediate care facility
- Officials investigating fire at old school building in Harrison Twp. as possible arson
- Montgomery County residents react to mask mandate
- Teen makes coronavirus prom dress out of duct tape
- Rescue dog becomes rescuer