RIVERSIDE, Ohio (WDTN) – Police are investigating after a shooting in Riverside led to a crash in Dayton Friday morning.
The shooting happened out of EJ’s Lounge on Airway Road at around 1 am Friday. Police say when they arrived, they found three vehicles with bullet holes. One of the vehicles had blood inside of it but they were unable to locate a victim.
Investigators believe that the suspect used an assault rifle and a hand gun. Police say the patrons of the lounge are not cooperating, but they did seize surveillance footage.
About an hour later, police responded to reports of a crash on East Second Street in Dayton. A 2 NEWS crew on scene saw a black Ford sedan with bullet holes behind Second Street Market. Authorities have not confirmed if the sedan behind Second Street Market is the same one the suspect took off in, but say the two scenes appear to be connected.
No one is in custody for the crime, but police say they have identified several suspects.
2 NEWS is working to learn more and will have additional details as they become available.
- Troopers urge caution in work zones after recent crashes
- Annual Day of Caring pancake breakfasts spur volunteer efforts
- New Orion roller coaster gets first test runs at Kings Island
- Police investigating attempted armed robbery at Taco Bell
- Newman confirms he suffered head injury in Daytona 500 crash