DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – A man is in custody following a brief standoff in Dayton on Tuesday.
It happened at a duplex on Watervliet Avenue around 1 p.m. when police say a person of interest related to a past offense in Riverside barricaded himself inside a residence and would not come out. Riverside and Dayton Police officers evacuated some people living nearby until the situation could be resolved.
Additional officers and Dayton SWAT responded due to the man’s past criminal record.
The man was taken into custody around 3 p.m. and was booked into the Montgomery County Jail on an outstanding warrant.
No injuries were reported.
- Buck’s Giannis wins second consecutive MVP award, per reports
- Woman told officer ‘ I have to poop so bad’ before high-speed chase
- Dayton Fire Lieutenant named Ohio Fire Service Instructor of the Year
- Three people taken to hospital after crash
- Dayton firefighter honored with Community Service Award