DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Dayton Police are looking a for a suspect after the driver of a car took off from a traffic stop before colliding with another car, causing one of the cars to land on its top, according to Dayton Police.
The incident happened at around 11:40 am Tuesday at the intersection of Brooklyn Ave. and Fairbanks Ave. in Dayton. One car was settled on its top at the corner of Fairbanks Ave. and Brooklyn Ave. while another car was found crashed on Fairbanks Ave. close to Shoop Ave.
Police say that an officer attempted a traffic stop. While the officer was getting out of their cruiser, the suspect took off before colliding with another car.
The driver of the car that was struck by the suspect’s car was transported to an area hospital with minor injuries. The suspect that took off from the traffic stop ran away after crashing.
Dayton Police don’t have an identity for the suspect and are looking for them. If anyone has any information on the crash, they are asked to call Dayton Police.
- Republicans, Democrats disagree on how to address police reforms
- Brookville man arrested for burglary
- Seattle mayor to ban tear gas for next 30 days amid protests
- Lawmakers press CDC in wake of decreased rate of child immunizations during pandemic
- Lawmakers and defense officials push back on Trump’s use of U.S. Military in Washington