MIAMI TWP., Ohio (WDTN) – Police in Miami Township have charged one of two suspects with aggravated assault after a fight outside the Dayton Mall left a female severely injured.
Around 12:30 p.m. on June 18, police say a male and female got into a physical altercation outside of the Ross Dress for Less entrance of the Dayton Mall. A second male joined in the fight, picked the female up, and threw her on the ground.
The suspect who was charged is not in custody but the charges were approved by the prosecutor. When caught, authorities say his case is going straight to the grand jury.
The female was taken to the ICU with severe head and neck injuries.
The two males, along with two females, left the Dayton Mall parking lot in a dark blue Pontiac G6 with an Ohio temporary tag with no numbers or letters on it.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call Miami Township police.
- ‘A man of valor and honor’: AG Yost gives statement on fallen Toledo police officer
- 11 actions Biden has promised to take on ‘Day One’ as president
- Trash pickup delayed in Dayton, Moraine, Jefferson due to MLK Day
- Edison State establishes new police department
- From Wilmington to Washington: Biden heads to DC after Delaware send-off