DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – The Montgomery County Coroner has identified the man killed in a Dayton shooting Tuesday evening.
Marcheal Postell, 22, passed away following a shooting on Hudson Avenue May 12.
Police are searching for at least one suspect who fled from the scene of the shooting.
Regional Dispatch tells 2 NEWS the shooting happened just after 7 p.m. on West Hudson Avenue near North Main Street. Postell was taken to Miami Valley Hospital, but police later confirmed that he had died.
Postell was found in a car suffering from gunshot wounds after police were called to the scene via ShotSpotter technology, as well as several calls about shots fired in the area.
Officials say it appears that multiple shots were fired with what they believe to be more than one weapon.
The coroner has not announced a cause or manner of death at this time.
2 NEWS is working to learn more about this developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
- ‘Thankful to God’: New Orleans woman who was imprisoned at 19 receives presidential pardon
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website
- Alleged serial killer arrested in murders of 3 women in New York City housing complex
- California researchers developing wearable COVID-19 test strip
- ‘America needs to lead the way’: Democrats pleased with Biden’s first day in office, Republicans frustrated