KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) – A teen is in the hospital after a shooting at a residence in Kettering Friday evening.
Kettering Police tell 2 NEWS a 17-year-old male was shot around 6:15 pm at a residence on Parran Place and taken to the hospital.
It is unclear at this time if his injuries are considered life-threatening, or if the shooting was accidental.
Police are not declaring this a criminal incident at this time, and police say other people were in the home with the victim when the shooting occurred. They are still being interviewed by police.
A firearm was found on the floor inside the residence, but police are still unsure if the weapon had been locked up prior to the shooting.
Initial investigation indicates the teen lives at the home.
We’re working to learn more about this developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
- Youngstown pastor returns to loving church family after 100 days fighting COVID-19
- Number of laid-off workers seeking jobless aid stuck at 1.3M
- 35,000 new unemployment claims reported in Ohio
- US prison populations down 8% amid coronavirus outbreak
- ‘Stamp out Hunger’ food drive moves online due to COVID-19