KETTERING, Ohio (WDTN) – A teen is in the hospital after a shooting at a residence in Kettering Friday evening.
Kettering Police tell 2 NEWS a 17-year-old male was shot around 6:15 pm at a residence on Parran Place and taken to the hospital.
It is unclear at this time if his injuries are considered life-threatening, or if the shooting was accidental.
Police are not declaring this a criminal incident at this time, and police say other people were in the home with the victim when the shooting occurred. They are still being interviewed by police.
A firearm was found on the floor inside the residence, but police are still unsure if the weapon had been locked up prior to the shooting.
Initial investigation indicates the teen lives at the home.
We’re working to learn more about this developing story and will provide updates as they become available.
- Houston building explosion shakes city, scatters debris
- Ohio school voucher program debate heats up as Feb. 1 enrollment date nears
- ‘It makes a big difference,’ Gov. DeWine applauds Springfield food bank’s grand opening
- Lawsuit filed against roofing contractor for allegedly ripping off tornado victims
- State launches new program between schools, businesses