SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – Investigators with the Sidney and Piqua Police Department confiscated hundreds in counterfeit money while executing a search warrant on Friday morning.
Around $750 in counterfeit bills, as well as equipment used to produce counterfeit money, was recovered when officers searched a residence at 320 Franklin Ave around 8:30 a.m.
Fentanyl and equipment used to produce meth were also found and seized.
A 23-year-old and a 30-year-old were arrested and charged with one count of forgery, a fifth-degree felony.
A third person was arrested and charged with one count of possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony.
All three people are incarcerated at the Shelby County Jail, awaiting further charges from the Shelby County Prosecutor.
A few months prior to the search warrant, several businesses in the city made complaints regarding counterfeit money appearing in deposits.
Officials believe this arrest is likely the source of at least some of those fake bills, though other unidentified sources may also be contributing to the issue.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Sidney Police Department at (937) 498-2351 or Crime Stoppers at (937) 492-8477.
Below is a list of serial numbers belonging to counterfeit money recently taken at various locations throughout the city:
- Fifty-dollar bills: MF47754141A, MJ32811962A
- Five-dollar bills: MD19029564C, MF34409114F, MI49038567A
- One hundred-dollar bills: B17696399, H1Y037704A, LB07122193N, LG90410134D, MB69886713L, SO10042017GD
- Ten-dollar bills: JB65104813B, MB76367951A, MD90061071A, MG82233347A, MH33466505A
- Twenty-dollar bills: AB83138032A, AD54488864E, AD67890023, BG14050374D, DA20009744T, DD556997341, DO3770252, EA43876544T, EF78198885A, IF36748449G, IL11941997, IL42811427G, JD95554784E, JF12108458C, JH04784249A, JL10828781A, JL4749452C, MB3798137A, MB66158795, MC43597391B, MD00236999E, MF42824717F, MG67684383A, MG87911633D, MK95886516D, ML15933911F, NB77457754E, RE18765455E, SS74457665R