DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Police in Dayton are investigating after a body was found in the garage of a vacant home Tuesday.
The body was reported to Montgomery County Regional Dispatch just before 11 am in an alley behind the first block of North Horton Street.
A woman who called 911 told dispatchers someone came running through the alley and told her of the discovery.
The remains were identified by the coroner Thursday as 53-year-old Patrick Northern.
Dispatch did not have any additional information at the time of this writing but did say there was a fire at that location Monday. Officials told 2 NEWS Monday the garage was heavily damaged by fire and it appeared someone may have been living in it. No cause of that fire has yet been determined.
- Trapped paraglider rescued from power lines near California airport
- Over 5 million kids water bottles recalled over choking hazard
- Woman struck, killed by Mardi Gras parade float in New Orleans
- Court affirms alleged Islamic State recruiter’s conviction
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants