XENIA, Ohio (WDTN) – A SWAT team was called to a Xenia neighborhood Thursday night as police attempted to serve a warrant.
Several agencies including Xenia Police, the Greene County Sheriff’s Office, and Xenia Fire and EMS responded to the 400 block of East Church Street.
Xenia Police say that the warrant that was obtained pertained to a violent felony case from a neighboring jurisdiction.
Three people were ordered to come out of the residence. Exchange of gunfire that was heard was not gunshots but a SWAT team deploying tear gas into the house.
Police say that the individuals in the house were not arrested and were released at the scene.
- Troopers urge caution in work zones after recent crashes
- Annual Day of Caring pancake breakfasts spur volunteer efforts
- New Orion roller coaster gets first test runs at Kings Island
- Police investigating attempted armed robbery at Taco Bell
- Newman confirms he suffered head injury in Daytona 500 crash