Pet killed in Sidney house fire

Local News

SIDNEY, Ohio (WDTN) – One pet died in a house fire in Sidney on Monday.

Crews were called to the home on the 300 block of Fifth Avenue at 6:30 p.m. Authorities said there was heavy fire on the back of the home.

The residents of the home were outside when crews arrived.

Police on scene removed a pet from the home but it did not survive.

No injuries were reported during the fire.

The Sidney Department of Fire and Emergency Services said $60,000 worth of damage was done to the structure of the home and about $20,000 worth of content was lost.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Video on WDTN.com

Don't Miss

Interactive Radar

More As Seen on 2 NEWS