DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Festival officials held a rehearsal Tuesday for the Dayton Holiday Festival Parade on Friday.
This year, it took a lot of last minute work because someone vandalized several of the floats last month.
The Downtown Dayton Partnership credits community members for stepping up to make the needed repairs.
“We were just so disappointed when we saw the extent of the damage on these floats, and once again, or community has rallied. Thanks to so many generous companies, organizations, and individuals, we were able to raise some money to rebuild these,” said Sandy Gudorf, President of the Downtown Dayton Partnership.
The Dayton holiday celebration runs from 4 pm until 9 pm Friday at Courthouse Square.Grab the FREE WDTN News App from the Apple Store or Google play. Stay up to date with all the local news, weather and sports as well as live newscasts and events as they happen.
- Vaping cases decreasing after school district introduces cessation classes
- House passes bill to lower drug prices
- Ryan Reynolds says he related to Peloton actress’ plight
- ‘They’re the best in the world;’ Dayton officers honored for actions during mass shooting
- Storm Team 2 Forecast 6 PM Thursday 12 Dec 2019