WASHINGTON TWP, Ohio (WDTN) — The Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a fatal crash on US-22 at the intersection of Middleboro Road in Washington Township Monday afternoon.
The initial investigation revealed a car driven by a teenager was traveling southbound on Middleboro Road when the 17-year-old driver failed to stop at a stop sign.
The teenage driver hit a truck, driven by a 32-year-old man, at the intersection of US-22 at around 3:50 p.m. The 17-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene and a passenger was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the truck received minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
WDTN.com will update this story when more information is available.
- Biden hails House passage of $1.9T virus bill, now to Senate
- Judge approves $650M Facebook privacy lawsuit settlement
- Golden Globes’ pandemic changes: Winners to accept awards from home in live broadcast
- Oil company mistakenly delivers 100+ gallons to wrong Rhode Island address, flooding the basement
- As restaurants reopen, Ohioans petition DeWine to give workers COVID vaccine