CLAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Two people are dead after a crash in Clayton on Tuesday afternoon.
The Ohio State Highway Patrol tells 2 NEWS it happened in the area of SR-49 and Hoke Road just before 4 p.m.
Initial investigation indicates that a 2005 Cadillac STS driven was traveling northbound through the intersection when it was struck on the passenger’s side by a 2005 Ford Econoline traveling westbound on SR-49.
The driver of the Cadillac and a child in the backseat were taken to Miami Valley Hospital and Dayton Children’s Hospital. The driver, identified as 51-year-old Tonia E. Cranford of Dayton, later succumbed to her injuries.
The passenger, 51-year-old Toya Y. Martin, of Dayton, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the Ford was taken to Grandview Medical Center with unknown injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
- UD students, faculty reflect on Ginsburg’s legacy on campus
- Annual “Call to Duty” ride honors fallen Dayton Detective Jorge DelRio
- Springfield bar cited for violating state’s alcohol curfew
- Foundation in memory of Derrick Fudge planning first relief mission to Lake Charles after Laura and Sally storms
- Five people injured in US-35 crash between Beavercreek and Xenia