DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – One person is dead after an early-morning apartment fire in Dayton.
Regional dispatch confirmed the fire broke out just before 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning at a large apartment complex in the 300 block of Grafton Avenue. A heavy fire was reported to be showing on the third floor of the building.
We’re told one person jumped from the building in order to escape the flames.
Fire crews have not yet released what caused the fire and no cause of death has been released for the victim.
At least some families were displaced from this fire, but it is unclear how badly damaged the apartment complex was.
- Ohio unemployment numbers raise another 200,000
- CarMax to furlough more than 15,000 associates
- Georgia bar owner removes $3,714 worth of bills stapled to the walls to give to unemployed staff
- Record 16.8 million have sought US jobless aid since virus crisis began
- Dayton health centers get $1.7M in coronavirus relief grants