DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – One person is dead after an early-morning apartment fire in Dayton.
Regional dispatch confirmed the fire broke out just before 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning at a large apartment complex in the 300 block of Grafton Avenue. A heavy fire was reported to be showing on the third floor of the building.
We’re told one person jumped from the building in order to escape the flames.
Fire crews have not yet released what caused the fire and no cause of death has been released for the victim.
At least some families were displaced from this fire, but it is unclear how badly damaged the apartment complex was.
- Troopers urge caution in work zones after recent crashes
- Annual Day of Caring pancake breakfasts spur volunteer efforts
- New Orion roller coaster gets first test runs at Kings Island
- Police investigating attempted armed robbery at Taco Bell
- Newman confirms he suffered head injury in Daytona 500 crash