DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – One person is dead after an early-morning apartment fire in Dayton.
Regional dispatch confirmed the fire broke out just before 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning at a large apartment complex in the 300 block of Grafton Avenue. A heavy fire was reported to be showing on the third floor of the building.
We’re told one person jumped from the building in order to escape the flames.
Fire crews have not yet released what caused the fire and no cause of death has been released for the victim.
At least some families were displaced from this fire, but it is unclear how badly damaged the apartment complex was.
- School district pulls Dr. Seuss from Read Across America Day citing ‘racial undertones’
- Coldest February in 6 years
- Senate confirms Miguel Cardona as Biden’s education secretary
- Special Olympics encouraging people to ‘Plunge My Way’
- Texas lawmakers concerned about COVID-19 risk as migrants gain entry to the US