SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) – The Springfield Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating after a man was killed in a crash on Dayton Springfield Road in Clark County.
Police say that Harold Fitch, 73, of Springfield, was killed when the pickup truck he was driving went under the center of a commercial tractor/trailer that was backing into a private driveway.
The crash happened just after 8:00 p.m. on Friday. Fitch was pronounced dead at the scene.
Dayton Springfield Road was closed in both directions until around midnight while the crash reconstruction team investigated the crash. Speed and alcohol are not suspected as factors in the crash.
- Houston building explosion shakes city, scatters debris
- Ohio school voucher program debate heats up as Feb. 1 enrollment date nears
- ‘It makes a big difference,’ Gov. DeWine applauds Springfield food bank’s grand opening
- Lawsuit filed against roofing contractor for allegedly ripping off tornado victims
- State launches new program between schools, businesses