DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) — The Montgomery County Coroner identified the person who died after a car crashed into a pole on Paul Laurence Dunbar and Edison Avenue as 19-year-old Jasmine McKinney.
Police were called to the scene of the accident around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to a crash report filed by Dayton Police, McKinney was in the passenger seat without a seatbelt and was ejected from the vehicle as a result.
The driver and the other passenger were not injured in the accident. The driver has since been taken into police custody and is currently in Montgomery County Jail on charges of aggravated vehicular homicide.
The crash repot indicates that the car rolled over and struck multiple poles before coming to a stop.
The Dayton Police Department is still investigating the incident.
- .25 percent earned income tax levy on the ballot for Troy residents
- Ohio State preparing for Nebraska not a national championship
- Miami officer photographed wearing Trump mask at polling place
- Kettering man accused of attacking teen with mallet pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- NASA collects sample of ancient asteroid for voyage back to Earth