DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Ohio Task Force 1 has deployed to provide aid in the wake of Hurricane Dorian, sending roughly 85 members to help with emergency response.
They will be sending a Type I Team prepared to conduct searches, including K-9 searches, provide rescue and medical duties, and help with any logistics the team may need.
The team left Friday evening and is expected to arrive late in the day on Saturday.
Hurricane Dorian has strengthened to a Category 3 storm, and hurricane conditions are expected to hit Florida by Sunday.
- Four officers shot in St. Louis amid night of violent protests
- ‘It’s the right thing to do’: People out cleaning up streets after weekend protests
- City of Springfield to hold virtual meeting June 2
- Officer shot in the head in Las Vegas on life support
- Violence continues as Trump threatens military force against protesters nationwide