DAYTON, Ohio (WDTN) – Ohio Task Force 1 is prepared to move into the most damaged parts of the Carolinas once Hurricane Dorian passes.
The group is currently in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Once called into action, they will provide search and rescue operations as well as logistical support to federal and state agencies.
Their biggest concern is keeping everyone safe.
“We could go in after the storm and deal with the water, obviously swift water, and flooding potential can come from a storm like this, and with that comes potentially contaminated water,” said Adam Landis, Task Force Leader.
- Ohio House bill would allow lawmakers to nullify federal gun control measures
- Alaska to offer COVID vaccines in airports
- Arizona woman wakes up to find tires slashed, severed finger on driveway
- Employees safely evacuated after fire at business on Needmore Avenue
- 1 hospitalized after car flips over on US-35 near South Smithville Road