MIAMI TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WDTN) – Ohio Auditor Keith Faber says that a hotel in Miami Township owes over $3,000 in township taxes after underpaying taxes.
The discovery was made during the audit of Miami Township, which showed that Hawthorn Suites only paid $3,553 for the fourth quarter of 2017 instead of the $7,162 that was due.
“Local governments depend on the tax revenue they collect to provide services and protection to the public,” Auditor Faber said. “For the taxpayer’s sake, I am glad my team identified this underpayment.”
2 NEWS has reached out to Hawthorn Suites for comment who said they are looking into the matter.
- Food pantries, organizations try to keep up with increasing need around holidays
- OSU game against Illinois Saturday canceled due to COVID-19 test results
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- With God’s Grace Free Grocery Store to open Dec. 17, volunteers needed