TROY, Ohio (WDTN) – The Ohio Department of Agriculture is collecting unwanted pesticides in Miami County Thursday, the department announced.
Farmers wishing to dispose farm pesticides can do so at the Miami County Fairgrounds (north end) in Troy from 9 am to 3 pm Thursday. The pesticide collection and disposal service are free of charge, however the department says only farm chemicals will be accepted.
Items that will not be accepted are paint, antifreeze, solvents, and household or non-farm pesticides.
The pesticide collections are being held in conjunction with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- 1 million lives lost: World marks painful COVID-19 milestone
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Trump receives third nomination for Nobel Peace Prize
- Coronavirus surge: When will the fall COVID-19 spike hit?